A few artistic venues in Southport

I've recently learned that the ArtHouse of Southport Contemporary Arts, located in 65 Eastbank St., updates its exhibits every three weeks! What a feat! I definitely need to pop in more often. Last time I was there, I had the opportunity to meet Norrie Beswick-Calvert of Southport Heritage; she had the kindness to show a few of us the ArtsLoft and the ClayWorks, which are a few paces up the street.

In ClayWorks were were shown around the different rooms and the processes that take place therein by , and I was lucky enough to spy a Sam Cookson original just cooling down after a stint the kiln. There was a palpable ambiance of camaraderie amongst the working clay artists, too, which added to the visit, as I thought I got a real glimpse of art in the making in a very conductive ambiance: we often just see the finished work without sparing a thought on the process, and I was happy to learn that, at least these pieces, were made amongst friends.


 Finally, I headed to «The Warehouse», right where «The Fool» used to be. I heard from Ms. Beswick-Calvert that there was a gallery on site, but, unfortunately, the gallerist was on leave. I hear they'll be back in a couple of weeks— and so shall I!