Heritage Exhibition at the ArtHouse

I went to the Arthouse in Eastbank St. for a peek at the new exhibit where five artists have surrendered their talents to the unique beauty of the "Salus building", number 479-481 located in Lord St in between Bold and Neville street (if you reach Pavers, you've gone too far).

Herein I was admiring Lynn Thompson's pencil and watercolor rendition of Salus herself, when I heard from the local gallerist that the artwork here rotates every three weeks, which is quite remarkable.

 


 

Now, this Heritage Exhibition brings together views from Becky Atherton, Marion Bayliss, Serah Stringer Grech & the above-mentioned Lynn Thompson and is interesting not only for the historicity of the venue, but on how the venue has inspired the artists and informed their crafts. I find this dialogue, the one established by the diversity of works, more compelling than the building itself, and considering that the building itself is one of the more interesting ones in the area, I hope that that conveys something.