Lawrence Johnson is right on point at the Atkinson

I went to the Atkinson's «landing» gallery to acquire Rosie Searle's «Oh, do I like to be beside the seaside» digital print, which I had seen a few weeks prior. However, the Atkinson is relentless– and quick: the prints exhibited had all been replaced, which brings us to these delightful works by Lawrence Johnson, which are pictured below. But first let me reiterate how appreciative I am of the work of the Atkinson in our community: the gallery showcases curated talent, and I prefer its fast pace, as it keeps second visits to the more long-term exhibits fresh.

 We had already remarked on Johnson's patient pointillism portrayed in precious paintings, but this exhibit on the Landing showcases more of his work– and the more, the merrier. 


 

Let's also keep in mind that Brian & George Fell's «Always something new» is still on in the galleries: I've been to see it several times, and I firmly believe that this is the best exhibition that has been helt in the Atkinson, so don't miss out.